By using the Geosavi.com web site and related web sites (the “Service”), all of which are services of Geosavi, Inc. (“Geosavi”), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions and Acceptable Use Policy (collectively the “Terms”).
Geosavi reserves the right to update and change the Terms from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, shall be subject to the Terms. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms at any time at: https://www.geosavi.com/terms/
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account.
- You must be 16 years or older to use this Service.
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Your login may only be used by one person a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted. You may create separate logins for up to five persons for each Geosavi account.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. Geosavi cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including, but not limited, to privacy laws).
Terms Regarding Installation of Device and Antenna
- As part of the Geosavi service, you will be required to properly install the Geosavi tracking device and dual antenna (GPS and cellular in a single antenna) in your vehicle or on the asset you are tracking.
- You will be provided with an installation guide inside the box along with the Geosavi device. Examples of proper installation are also contained on the Geosavi web site at www.geosavi.com.
- However, you understand that there is no single form of installation. Each vehicle is slightly different and it will be up to you to use good common sense to find the best location for your device and for your antenna.
- For the “cigarette lighter installation” we recommend tucking the tracking device and excess wiring inside the glove compartment; for the OBD installation (plugging into the Onboard Diagnostics port under the dashboard), we recommend tying or velcro-ing the device in the open space under the dashboard.
- Antennas should be secured with the proper side up (it reads “AIR WARD”), and can be secured using the attached sticky tape or velcro.
- We will not be responsible for anything that occurs as a result of a faulty installation. There are sufficient resources provided in the manual and online to assist with installation but if there are any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Payment and Refunds for Monthly Accounts
- A valid credit card is required for recurring monthly accounts.
- For monthly subscribers, the Service is billed in advance on the same date each month that your service began, and is non-refundable once it has been billed.
- There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, or refunds for months unused with an open account with the exception of within the first 30 days see below. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes.
- The Geosavi tracking device contains a warranty of one year from purchase. If you have chosen the Lease Option, the device carries a two year warranty.
- If there is a hardware failure within the first year of service, Geosavi will replace the tracking device at no charge to you within 72 hours of proof of hardware failure.
- You will be required to return the defective device to us within 7 days if you receive replacement hardware.
Cancellation and Termination First 15 days
- You may cancel your account within 15 days of purchase and receive a full refund, with the exception of shipping/handling and your first month of service. There will also be a 15% restocking fee for the device, which you must return within seven days.
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. To cancel an account, you must email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a confirmation email acknowledging the cancellation request and providing 24 hours to change your mind before the account is cancelled.
- All of your devices, and the data history, will be immediately deleted from the Service upon cancellation and your customized login (e.g. http://yourcompany.geosavi.com) will be deleted. This information can not be recovered once your account is cancelled.
Cancellation and Termination After first 30 days
- If you cancel your Service after the first 30 days, and you are a pre-paid subscriber (one who has paid for one year of service in advance), your service will be immediately cancelled but you will not receive any prorated refund of your unused portion of service.
- If you are a monthly subscriber, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again.
- Geosavi, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other Geosavi service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. Geosavi reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Geosavi reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Geosavi site (www.geosavi.com) or the Service itself.
Copyright and Content Ownership
The look and feel of the Service is Copyright © 2012 by Geosavi, Inc. All rights reserved. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the HTML or visual design elements without express written permission from Geosavi.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- Geosavi tracking devices will not report at all if they are in an area outside of standard cellular telephone coverage; they will not report location data if the device is in a vehicle or asset which is located in a parking garage or other structure which does not have a clear view of the sky to receive GPS data from satellites.
- Technical support is only available via email.
- You understand that Geosavi uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, Geosavi, or any other Geosavi service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by Geosavi.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Geosavi customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Data, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- Geosavi does not warrant that: (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that Geosavi shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Geosavi has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of Geosavi to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms constitutes the entire agreement between you and Geosavi and govern your use of the Service, superceding any prior agreements between you and Geosavi (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms).
- Questions about the Terms should be sent to email@example.com.